Re: [Orgmode] Clean capture from command line?

From: Eric S Fraga
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Clean capture from command line?
Date: Wed, 17 Nov 2010 19:11:32 +0000

tycho garen <address@hidden> writes:

>> One of the things I'd like to be able to do is capture a new TODO from a
>> command line.  e.g.
>
> I use the following code that I got from Jack Moffit
> (http://www.metajack.im), that does more or less what you're looking
> for, I think. Add the following block to your org configs.
>
> ;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;
>
> (defadvice capture-finalize (after delete-capture-frame activate)
>   "Advise capture-finalize to close the frame if it is the capture frame"
>   (if (equal "capture" (frame-parameter nil 'name))
>       (delete-frame)))
>
> (defadvice capture-destroy (after delete-capture-frame activate)
>   "Advise capture-destroy to close the frame if it is the rememeber frame"
>   (if (equal "capture" (frame-parameter nil 'name))
>       (delete-frame)))
>
> (defun make-capture-frame ()
>   "Create a new frame and run org-capture."
>   (interactive)
>   (make-frame '((name . "capture")))
>   (select-frame-by-name "capture")
>   (delete-other-windows)
>   (org-capture)
>   )
>

> ;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;
>
> Then call emacs as follows:
>
> emacsclient -n -e '(make-capture-frame)'

Doesn't work for me, for some strange reason.

I think you may have forgotten to say that the advices have to be
activated?  If so, I assume this would be done by:

(ad-activate 'capture-finalize)
(ad-activate 'capture-destroy)

But, in any case, this doesn't seem to make any difference in my case.

The capture process itself works.  I get my menu of templates just fine.
Org captures the information when it should, i.e. if I finish normally
(C-c C-c), and ignores it if I abort (C-c C-k).  In either case, the
frame, named "capture", remains.

Hitting my "delete-frame" button (the Windows menu key to the right of
my spacebar -- had to use these keys for something) works just fine so
the problem is not with the delete frame function.

Any suggestions?  There's no error of any form that I can see.

--
: Eric S Fraga (GnuPG: 0xC89193D8FFFCF67D) in Emacs 23.2.1
: using Org-mode version 7.3 (release_7.3.86.gb3d6f)