Re: [Orgmode] Configuration query

From: Nicolas Goaziou
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Configuration query
Date: Thu, 18 Nov 2010 23:07:08 +0100

Hello,

> I'm finding that I frequently work with Org-mode files that need
> different configurations. I typically have a #+begin_src emacs-lisp
> block in these files that I can execute with C-c C-c, so that emacs
> behaves the way the file requires for the task at hand. When I'm
> done, though, and jump onto the next task, which might depend on my
> standard configuration to work correctly, I sometimes find that the
> changes I've made break things. At this point, I typically save,
> quit emacs and start over.

> What I'd like to do is be able to have, in each file that contains
> an emacs-lisp source block that changes the configuration, a
> corresponding source code block that puts things back the way they
> were before the block was executed.

> Perhaps there is an easy way to do this?

What about making configuration variables buffer-local in the block
you execute? Once the buffer is killed, you should be back to your
previous configuration.

For example:

  #+BEGIN_SRC emacs-lisp
  (make-local-variable 'sentence-end-double-space)
  (setq sentence-end-double-space t)
  #+END_SRC

Regards,

-- Nicolas