Re: [Orgmode] Re: [Babel] Need for an extra literal block construct

From: Eric Schulte
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Re: [Babel] Need for an extra literal block construct
Date: Fri, 19 Nov 2010 15:24:43 -0700

Hi Seb,

Sébastien Vauban <address@hidden> writes:

> *Same for PDF*: the lists in the VERSE environment are interpreted:

> So are the CODE inlined words (delimited by =equal= signs).
>
> - Bug, or
> - on purpose?

I believe that this is on purpose, otherwise I don't see why verse would
be any different from example.  I think of verse as a quote where
newlines are enforced (making it good for mail because you don't end up
with ">"s stacked in the middle of your paragraphs)

I think you may want to look at org-exp-blocks.el, it allows extensible
block syntax so that a user can define his/her own types and how they
will be exported.  This would be useful for custom export of the
proposed future babel results block (which I promise I'll implement
soon).

Best -- Eric