[Orgmode] Re: Store link in message mode

From: Łukasz Stelmach
Subject: [Orgmode] Re: Store link in message mode
Date: Sat, 20 Nov 2010 20:05:30 +0100

Tassilo Horn <address@hidden> writes:

>>> I'm curious how you are able to determine where a message will be
>>> filed after sending it off.  I mean, you neither have the Message-Id
>>> at that point (unless that's added to
>>> `message-generate-headers-first'), nor do you know the correct group,
>>> at least if there are more than one in the Gcc header.
>>
>> There is a facility in Gnus called <info:(gnus)The Gnus Registry>
>> which I havn't investigated yet but it looks promising. From what I've
>> browsed the info it looks like it registers all the message ids and
>> remembers the folders. So it would be enough to remember the MID and
>> then make Gnus find it.
>
> ,----[ (info "(gnus)Registry Article Refer Method") ]
[...]
> `----

I haven't seen this piece yet. Interesting.

> But I think a user needs to enable that explicitly, so one cannot rely
> on this feature being available...  And the user has to setup
> `gnus-refer-article-method' properly...

And install Gnus and Emacs too ;-) Of course the default setup not
necessarily provide for what we are talking about. But it doesn't either
way and the registry looks as a cleaner solution (however, I am not sure
yet how to set it up on several machines in parallel) then noting Gcc
during sending. There is no simple solution to this. By simple I mean
"available without touching anything ousite org-mode". Theoretically
org-mode could implement a function that searches through Gnus' database
but thats against the DRY principle since such code itself exists in
Gnus it just needs to be configured.

--
Miłego dnia,
Łukasz Stelmach