[Orgmode] Re: [Babel] Need for an extra literal block construct

From: Sébastien Vauban
Subject: [Orgmode] Re: [Babel] Need for an extra literal block construct
Date: Mon, 22 Nov 2010 22:46:42 +0100

Hi Eric,

"Eric Schulte" wrote:
> "Eric Schulte" <address@hidden> writes:
>> This would be useful for custom export of the proposed future babel
>> results block (which I promise I'll implement soon).
>
> An experimental patch implementing wrapping of results using a new
> "wrap" :results header argument is attached. Here is an example of its
> usage.
>
> ** introducing =wrap= header argument
> #+begin_src emacs-lisp :results wrap
>   (mapcar (lambda (el) (list el (+ 1 (* el el)))) (number-sequence 0 10))
> #+end_src
>
> #+results:
> #+BEGIN_RESULT
> |  0 |   1 |
> |  1 |   2 |
> |  2 |   5 |
> |  3 |  10 |
> |  4 |  17 |
> |  5 |  26 |
> |  6 |  37 |
> |  7 |  50 |
> |  8 |  65 |
> |  9 |  82 |
> | 10 | 101 |
> #+END_RESULT
>
> now indented
> - first
> - second
>   #+begin_src emacs-lisp :results wrap
>     "something else"
>   #+end_src
>
>   #+results:
>   #+BEGIN_RESULT
>   : something else
>   #+END_RESULT
>
> I haven't applied it directly to the repository because I fear it could have
> negative effects on the wrapping of results in HTML and LaTeX blocks, so if
> any brave souls could try this out over the next day or two and let me know
> how it works I'd then feel much more comfortable about dropping it into the
> core.

Tested it (yesterday) for HTML. Per-fect!  Thanks a lot... It's of great use.

Tried to test it (now) for LaTeX. Can't, for the same reason as described in:

   [[http://mid.gmane.org/80eiadw0dh.fsf%40missioncriticalit.com][Email from
Sébastien Vauban: Debugger entered--Lisp error: ]]** TODO Debugger
entered--Lisp error: (void-function -mode)
   [2010-11-22 Mon 21:48]

Though, already a couple of comments:

1. I guess there is one little typo in your patch:
   +        (wrap "#+BEGIN_LaTe\n" "#+END_LaTeX"))
                               ^

2. Could you make the wrap on by default?

Best regards,
  Seb

--
Sébastien Vauban