Re: [Orgmode] [Babel] Error output buffer

From: Eric Schulte
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] [Babel] Error output buffer
Date: Tue, 23 Nov 2010 07:28:31 -0700

This is something that Dan and I have discussed as well.  On the one
hand it would be nice to wipe the buffer between block executions, but
on the other hand when you are say exporting a file and running many
code blocks at once it would be preferable to retain error messages from
all of the code blocks.

I've been thinking that either a we could delete the buffer form all
manual entry points into code block execution so that it is refreshed
between manual code block execs but not between automated (e.g. on
export) code block execs.

Another option would be to separate the error messages with timestamps
as you've proposed, and maybe with some mark that can be jumped to with
a keystroke.

I'm not sure which approach would be best. -- Eric