Re: [Orgmode] Re: [Babel] RESULT block when error

From: Eric Schulte
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Re: [Babel] RESULT block when error
Date: Wed, 24 Nov 2010 13:57:03 -0700

Hi Seb,

Sébastien Vauban <address@hidden> writes:

> Hi Eric,
>
> "Eric Schulte" wrote:
>> I've fixed this problem and applied the :wrap header argument patch to
>> the core Org-mode repository.
>
> Thanks a lot...
>
> You did not answer about making the wrap option by default. It's that a great
> feature, for HTML in particular (you'll see, in a couple of weeks, my
> proposition for a Worg3.css), that I find it useful for everybody, without
> doing any config. Is it due to LaTeX, or do you find another reason why not
> making it the default?  Just interested by your answer...

Sorry, I was rushed this morning.  I'm hesitant to turn this feature on
by default for two main reasons
1) I generally prefer to have the /simplest/ option be the default
   option, and in this case the simplest behavior is to have no wrapper
2) I'm not sure how a user would turn this feature off, once it has been
   turned on i.e. we don't yet (but I suppose we should) have a "nowrap"
   header argument

Also, as this is a header argument it can easily be configured on the
user, system, language, file, or individual block basis.  If at some
point the preponderance of Babel users have "wrap" set in their default
header arguments, or there appears to be wide support for such a change
from the mailing list then I would support adding it to the default, but
probably not until then.

Cheers -- Eric