Re: [Orgmode] Org-Babel - Clojure & Lazy Sequences Bug

From: Eric Schulte
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Org-Babel - Clojure & Lazy Sequences Bug
Date: Fri, 26 Nov 2010 13:29:53 -0700

Hey Rick,

Rick Moynihan <address@hidden> writes:

> Hey Eric,
>
> I've just run your ob-clojure, and it seems to work fine, though as
> you mention it would be nice if it'd start slime (if it isn't already
> running).

Alright, I'm going to fold this into the master branch (we'll still have
the entirety of the existing ob-clojure in git for resurrection if need
be).

> I'm not sure what you mean by "external evaluation", but have found
> that if I do M-x slime-connect (to connect to an existing
> clojure/swank vm) that I have access to the same vm, via the
> *slime-repl* buffer, which is nice.  Is this what you were referring
> to, or was it something else?

So what I mean was execution outside of slime, e.g. by writing a code
block to a temporary file and then executing that file with clj-env or
some such Clojure scripting command.  However the more I think about
this the more I'm satisfied with slime, as it allows access to both
local and remote virtual machines...

> Having access to other sessions seems like a useful feature, but I've
> not begun to use these more advanced babel features.
>
> Anyway, great work; I really appreciate you working on this!

My pleasure, I use Clojure from within Org-mode files on a regular basis
(these days I'm probably writing more Clojure than elisp), so this helps
me too.

Cheers -- Eric