Fwd: [Orgmode] Creating files for a Kindle

From: Jeff Horn
Subject: Fwd: [Orgmode] Creating files for a Kindle
Date: Sat, 27 Nov 2010 19:20:40 -0500

Forgot to CC the group. Apologies.

Jeff

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Jeff Horn <address@hidden>
Date: Sat, Nov 27, 2010 at 7:19 PM
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Creating files for a Kindle
To: Graham Smith <address@hidden>

On Sat, Nov 27, 2010 at 5:21 PM, Graham Smith <address@hidden> wrote:
> I am actually a bit confused with the format as what I've read suggests its
> "modified"HTML, and that its the same as the MOBI format, but equally the
> HTML is meant to be different between the Kindles 1and 2, and the latest
> kindle 3.

I don't pretend to know anything about Mobi or ePub as modified HTML.
I just know that Kindles do display native, standard HTML fine. I
haven't checked, but the files should be searchable as well.

> But I will give direct HTML a try.

Let me know if it works, and also if you can search within the file.
Perhaps for testing, just export an old org outline to HTML, drag and
drop, and see if it is what you expect?

Jeff

--
Jeffrey Horn
Graduate Lecturer and PhD Student in Economics

(704) 271-4797
address@hidden
address@hidden

http://www.failuretorefrain.com/jeff/