Re: [Orgmode] Lists handling

From: Carsten Dominik
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Lists handling
Date: Sun, 28 Nov 2010 14:59:15 +0100

On Nov 27, 2010, at 7:12 PM, Nicolas Goaziou wrote:

Hello,

Karl Maihofer writes:

Thanks for that. Did you work on the demote/promote problem, too?

No, nothing related to lists actually. But I added a way to configure
export of inline tasks.

As pointed out above in my special case inline tasks would be a
great thing to have in lists. But I understand your reservation.

It would be desirable to hear the opinions of others here.

1. My feeling is that it would be nice to allow drawers inside a list.
2. I don't think it is important to allow lists inside drawers inside
   lists - you can just say in the docs that this is not supported
   and let users deal with this limitation.
3. What should be allowed is to have lists inside a drawer that is not
   itself in a list.  We need that for logbook entries and the like.
4. I also think that inline tasks inside a list are overkill and would
   overly complicate things.

Cheers

- Carsten

With a drawer, you mean something like the following?

,----
| - Item 1
|   - Item 1a
|     :COMMENT:
|     This is a comment.
|     :END:
|   - Item 1b
| - Item 2
| - Item 3
`----

Yes.

In HTML export it would then be important to be able to format the
comment with CSS. Right now my inline tasks get a nice border and a
colored background so that the comments can be recognized withhin
the lists. Would this be possible for drawers, too?

Sure, drawers export is configurable. You can have a look at
`org-export-format-drawer-function'.

Regards,

-- Nicolas