Re: [Orgmode] Creating files for a Kindle

From: Jeff Horn
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Creating files for a Kindle
Date: Sun, 28 Nov 2010 12:00:13 -0500

> Firstly, the Kindle doesn't recognise the HTML extension and HTML files
> copied onto the Kindle simply don't appear as being available for viewing.
> If you change the extension to txt, the file appears and can be seen as an
> HTML files but includes some spuriois HTML code.

Ah, that's a bit disappointing. Do you have DX? My manual says that
HTML is directly supported, with loads of other formats, so maybe it's
a DX only feature?

> The Orgmode to XHTML to SIGIL to ePub to Calibre to MOBI (for the Kindle)
> works extremely well, and for proper books looks good.

Great! I'm really glad you found something that works!

Jeff

--
Jeffrey Horn
Graduate Lecturer and PhD Student in Economics

(704) 271-4797
address@hidden
address@hidden

http://www.failuretorefrain.com/jeff/