Re: [Orgmode] Creating files for a Kindle

From: Graham Smith
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Creating files for a Kindle
Date: Sun, 28 Nov 2010 17:21:08 +0000

Jeff,

Ah, that's a bit disappointing. Do you have DX? My manual says that
HTML is directly supported, with loads of other formats, so maybe it's
a DX only feature?

It's not the DX (I don't think the DX is available in the UK, it certainly isn't on the Amazon UKĀ  site) BUT on the US site it says that HTML is supported "through conversion"

However, with the bigger screen PDFs might work OK, but they don't work very well on the smaller screen.

> The Orgmode to XHTML to SIGIL to ePub to Calibre to MOBI (for the Kindle)
> works extremely well, and for proper books looks good.

Great! I'm really glad you found something that works!

It certainly works well for proper documents, but a bit of a hassle for quick updates. Where in fact HTML files with the extension chnaged to txt might still be the best option.

Graham