Re: [Orgmode] [Bug] Org-beamer block display math

From: Eric S Fraga
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] [Bug] Org-beamer block display math
Date: Sun, 28 Nov 2010 19:57:26 +0000

Jeff Horn <address@hidden> writes:

> When marking a block to call out display math, I notice an extra line
> break above the display math. I believe this occurs because the block
> is given it's own section.

I've noticed this as well recently [1].  However, I do not believe it is
anything org is doing as the latex code generated is quite
straightforward.  For instance, I get:

\begin{column}{0.5\textwidth}
\begin{block}{Model}
\label{sec-3_1_2}

      \begin{align*}
        \Diff{T(x)}{x} & = - \frac{Q}{kA} \\
        T(0) &= 600 \\
        T(L) &= 20
      \end{align*}
\end{block}
\end{column}

The two blank lines between the label and the beginning of the align do
not do anything.  The extra space in the resulting block in the PDF is
there whether these lines are there or not.

> I expect the math to be centered vertically within the block. Is there
> a workaround?

I've taken to inserting

    #+latex: \vspace*{-0.5cm}

just before my maths.

HTH,
eric

Footnotes:

[1] which only means that I have started doing a significant amount of
    beamer work in org after a break of a number of weeks so any changes
    in org et al. could have happened any time in the past couple of
    months...

--
: Eric S Fraga (GnuPG: 0xC89193D8FFFCF67D) in Emacs 23.2.1
: using Org-mode version 7.3 (release_7.3.148.gc3b7e)