Re: [Orgmode] Capture into subheading of current headline

From: Nathan Neff
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Capture into subheading of current headline
Date: Wed, 1 Dec 2010 16:35:22 -0600

On Wed, Dec 1, 2010 at 8:30 AM, Eric S Fraga <address@hidden> wrote:
> Carsten Dominik <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> Hi Nathan,
>>
>> On Nov 28, 2010, at 8:10 PM, Nathan Neff wrote:
>>
>>> I think I'm missing something obvious here -- I can't
>>> define a capture template that puts the results as a sub-heading
>>> of the heading that the cursor is currently in.
>>
>> You can insert a capture entry at the location where you are
>> at using a zero prefix to the capture command:
>>
>> C-0 C-c r
>>
>> Does that do what you want?  It hast the advantage that
>> it works for any entry-like templates in your setup.
>>
>> I guess we could make a special target for filing as child
>> of current heading if mor ethan one person found this useful....
>>
>> - Carsten
>
> I can see this being useful but isn't this really a case of trying to
> massage org-capture into doing something which would best handled
> through a more general template mechanism (e.g yasnippet)?  I may be
> biased because I already use yasnippet to insert particular types of
> entries into org files, especially latex directives and some babel
> code blocks...
>
> --
> : Eric S Fraga (GnuPG: 0xC89193D8FFFCF67D) in Emacs 23.2.1
> : using Org-mode version 7.3 (release_7.3.159.g23265)

I had the same thoughts, but I already have a capture template which
uses (clock)
to insert itself as a child of the currently clocked item.

I want to use that same template, except just be able to insert it as
a child of the current item.

I could define a yasnippet, but didn't want to define the same template twice.

Thanks,
--Nate