Re: [Orgmode] Org-mode Code Blocks Manuscript: Request For Comments

From: Eric S Fraga
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Org-mode Code Blocks Manuscript: Request For Comments
Date: Thu, 02 Dec 2010 23:13:29 +0000

"Eric Schulte" <address@hidden> writes:

> Hi,
>
> Dan Davison, Tom Dye, Carsten Dominik and myself have been working on a
> paper introducing Org-mode's code block functionality.  We plan to
> submit this paper to the Journal of Statistical Software.  As both
> Org-mode and the code block functionality are largely products of this
> mailing list community, and in the spirit of an open peer review process
> we are releasing the current draft of the paper here to solicit your
> review and comments.
>
> Both the .org and .pdf formats of the paper are available at the
> following locations.
>
> http://cs.unm.edu/~eschulte/org-paper/babel.org
>
> http://cs.unm.edu/~eschulte/org-paper/babel.pdf
>
> Thanks -- Eric

Thanks for giving us early access to this.  Very nice article.  I
particularly like the range of examples you have included.  They are
comprehensive (both the languages illustrated and the types of problems)
and each is nicely self-contained.  I am a little surprised at the
choice of journal, mind you...  but best of luck in your submission!
Send us the citation information when it comes out as I'm sure I'll have
plenty of occasions to cite it (e.g. the paper I am currently writing
relies strongly on org for the generation of results from octave code
embedded in the document...).

eric
--
: Eric S Fraga (GnuPG: 0xC89193D8FFFCF67D) in Emacs 23.2.1
: using Org-mode version 7.3 (release_7.3.163.g76877)