Re: [Orgmode] Is it possible to do literate programming without org-babe

From: Pierre de Buyl
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Is it possible to do literate programming without org-babel?
Date: Fri, 3 Dec 2010 09:42:13 -0500

Hello,

I have taken a reverse approach, even with no collaboration.
I write the source code in pure $LANGUAGE (fortran 90 for now) and add comments in org-mode syntax with a special header:
in prog.f90

!!subroutine compute
! This subroutine performs a task
subroutine compute(myarg)
integer, intent(in) :: myarg
write(*,*) myarg
end subroutine compute

get translated by a script to

** subroutine compute
This subroutine performs a task
#begin_src f90
subroutine compute(myarg)
integer, intent(in) :: myarg
write(*,*) myarg
end subroutine compute
#end_src

which can be exported with the language font locking of emacs in html via orgmode. It gives me a typeset documentation from my source code directly.

I think that a feature similar to C-' in org-mode would be wonderful: I could edit my "pure" f90 program and edit my comment blocks in org- mode.

Regards,

Pierre