Re: [Orgmode] MobileOrg and Voice Capturing (Android)

From: Sven Bretfeld
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] MobileOrg and Voice Capturing (Android)
Date: 7 Dec 2010 11:05:45 +0100

Hi Matthew

Matthew Jones <address@hidden> writes:

> Alright guys, I've gotten this to work.... I've posted an early build of
> MobileOrg that supports this here:
>
> http://matburt.net/files/mobileorg-debug.apk
>
> basically, you need to emit the action: com.matburt.mobileorg.CAPTURE
>
> it takes an "extra" intent value called "txtValue" which will pre-populate the
> text display.

I was using the script for some days now and did all my capturing this
way. It is completely stable and reliable on my HTC Magic with Android
1.6. I see no hindrance for a release.

> import android
> droid = android.Android()
> message = droid.recognizeSpeech("Capture New Note").result
> a = droid.startActivity("com.matburt.mobileorg.CAPTURE", None, None,
> {'txtValue':message}, False)

Is there a way to enlarge the 'extra' intent with some standard string?
It would be nice to have a TODO keyword and a TAG inserted
automatically. If you are like me, you tend to forget refiling the items
of from-mobile.org regularly. An automatic TAG insertion could help to
remind yourself that there is something new that needs to be cared
about. I use to give a TAG :MIT: (Most Important Things [of the day])
and have a respective Agenda View that I review several times a day. If
newly captured items could appear in this list, I would never forget
about the newly captured tasks. To my regret, I don't know anything
about Python and its syntax, but I'm sure that the 'message' variable
can be extended easily (what I have tried did never work).

As a workaround I have written a simple shellscript for a Cronjob that
starts Conky whenever there is something new in from-mobile.org. So my
desktop reminds me to refile the new items. Maybe it is of some interest
for anybody, so I give it below.

Thanks again for your nice work.

Greetings,

Sven

Here is the Script. Some values and paths have to be replaced to fit
your needs:

#!/bin/bash

KILLNR="$(ps ax | grep "conky -c .*conkyrc-mobile" | grep -v grep | sed 's/
pts.*//g')"
NEWTASK="$(cat /home/sven/Dropbox/myconf/from-mobile.org | grep -v auto-revert
| grep -v ^$ | grep -v 20[0-9][0-9])"

if [ -n "$NEWTASK" ];
then
    if [ -n "$KILLNR" ];
    then
        exit
#       echo "file is full, conky is running"
    else
        conky -c ~/.conkyrc-mobile &
#       echo "file is full, conky is not running"
    fi
else
    if [ -n "$KILLNR" ];
    then
        kill $KILLNR
#       echo "file is empty, conky is running"
    else
        exit
#       echo "file is empty, conky is not running"
    fi
fi

This script needs a special configuration file .conkyrc-mobile to be
placed in the home folder:

own_window yes
own_window_type override
own_window_transparent yes
own_window_hints undecorated,below,sticky,skip_taskbar,skip_pager

use_spacer right

use_xft yes
xftfont DejaVu Sans:size=18
xftalpha 0.8
text_buffer_size 2048

update_interval 3.0

draw_shades no

draw_outline no
draw_borders no
uppercase no

stippled_borders 3

border_margin 9

border_width 10

default_color grey

own_window_colour brown
own_window_transparent yes

alignment top_right

gap_x 10
gap_y 10

TEXT
$color

${Color green}NEW TASKS
${execi 10 cat /home/sven/Dropbox/myconf/from-mobile.org | grep -v auto-revert