Re: [Orgmode] source code block export no expansion

From: Andreas Leha
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] source code block export no expansion
Date: Tue, 07 Dec 2010 19:49:43 +0100

Hi Tom,

thanks for this answer.  This indeed comes closer to what I want.

But, some comments:

(1) There seems to be an error in the manual:
In the manual the :noweb tangle header argument is given as :noweb yes,
which is why I missed that option.

(2) The noweb link are expanded *always* (i.e. execution, export,
tangle) even with the :noweb tangle option:
  #+srcname: mod1
  #+begin_src R :tangle no :export code
    print("mod1")
  #+end_src

  #+srcname: mod2
  #+begin_src R :tangle no :export code
    print("mod2")
  #+end_src

  #+srcname: part1
  #+begin_src R :noweb tangle :tangle yes :export code :session *R*
    <<mod1>>
    <<mod2>>
  #+end_src

(3) I am looking for an option to disable the noweb link expansion
during *export* only.  However, as I understand it, the :noweb tangle
header option is supposed to disable the expansion also for *execution*.

So, is this not possible right now?

Cheers,
Andreas

Am 07.12.2010 19:37, schrieb Thomas S. Dye:
> Aloha Andreas,
>
> Perhaps :noweb tangle will do what you want.
>
> hth,
> Tom
>
> On Dec 7, 2010, at 7:38 AM, Andreas Leha wrote:
>
>> Hi all,
>>
>> I have a question about exporting source code blocks.  Say, I have
>> several modules (mod1, mod2), that build a bigger part (part1) of my
>> program, e.g.:
>>

>>  #+srcname: mod1
>>  #+begin_src R :tangle no :export code
>>    print("mod1")
>>  #+end_src
>>
>>  #+srcname: mod2
>>  #+begin_src R :tangle no :export code
>>    print("mod2")
>>  #+end_src
>>
>>  #+srcname: part1
>>  #+begin_src R :noweb yes :tangle yes :export code :session *R*
>>    <<mod1>>
>>    <<mod2>>
>>  #+end_src
>>

>> Now during the tangling I would like to tangle just the full part1 -
>> with noweb links being expanded.  Also during execution the noweb links
>> should be expanded.  This is not a problem.
>>
>> But at the same time, during the export I'd like to export all three
>> code snippets, but I'd prefer the noweb links not to be expanded.  Is
>> that possible?
>>
>> Thanks in advance,
>> Andreas

Andreas Leha