Re: [Orgmode] Re: Org-mode Code Blocks Manuscript: Request For Comments

From: Eric Schulte
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Re: Org-mode Code Blocks Manuscript: Request For Comments
Date: Wed, 08 Dec 2010 12:55:07 -0700

Hi Seb,

Thanks for the proof reading.  I have answers for some of your questions
below.

Sébastien Vauban <address@hidden> writes:

> Page 9 -- You say that "tags and properties of a node are inherited by its
> sub-nodes". I agree for tags, not for properties (at least, by default).

With respect to code blocks properties are inherited by subnodes, at
least all properties which can be used as header arguments are
inherited.

> BTW, what happens if there is a name clash with other code blocks (in the same
> document, or in the LOB)?  Though, this is not for your paper...

While no behavior is guaranteed in this case (meaning don't do it :)) I
believe that whichever code block is found first will be used, in
practice this would probably mean that local code blocks will override
lob code blocks, but I make no guarantees

> Side comment -- Wouldn't you use a standard way of handling the acronyms in
> LaTeX, so that they're expanded when required, and listed at the end of the
> document?  Example of such acro: ESS.

I don't understand what you mean by "standard acronyms" can you give a
specific location and how you would suggest it be changed?

Thanks -- Eric