[Orgmode] Re: eval: Invalid read syntax: "#"Error during redisplay: (voi

From: Sébastien Vauban
Subject: [Orgmode] Re: eval: Invalid read syntax: "#"Error during redisplay: (void-function -mode)
Date: Sat, 11 Dec 2010 21:26:49 +0100

Hi Thomas, Nick and others,

"Thomas S. Dye" wrote:
> On Dec 10, 2010, at 8:15 AM, Nick Dokos wrote:
>> Thomas S. Dye <address@hidden> wrote:
> So, Seb and I have two things that others can't reproduce: the error in the
> OP, and the version string for the latest Org-mode.

Let's say it's an honor to share things with you ;-)

>>> I'm using Org-mode version 7.3 (release_7.4.2.g32f816.dirty)

First, regarding the string problem, as just reported, that has been fixed.

Org-mode version 7.4 (release_7.4.6.g561c0)

>>> I get subject error when exporting this subtree to LaTeX:
>>>
>>> * Export problem
>>>
>>> #+begin_src emacs-lisp :results wrap :exports both
>>>   "code block results"
>>> #+end_src
>>>
>>> #+begin_src emacs-lisp :var lst=a-list :results list
>>>   (reverse lst)
>>> #+end_src
>>>
>>> The error goes away and LaTeX export succeeds if I get rid of the :exports
>>> header argument in the first source block, or get rid of the second code
>>> block.
>>
>> This sounds suspiciously like something that Seb ran into a few weeks ago:
>>
>>     http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.emacs.orgmode/33922
>>
>> but I'm not sure how that was resolved.

I cannot really say it has been resolved. It simply disappeared after I came
back to a more standard version. I had applied a couple of patches from Eric
(Org RESULT block) and Dan (fontification minibug), and just git pulled to
come back to the master branch.

After that, and with no native fontification anymore[1], it did not occur
again. But I don't think it has been solved. Simply it occurs in particular
contexts.

>> FWIW, I cannot reproduce it:

I did export the above both to HTML and PDF with no problem. First code block
is run, and results exported; second simply exported.

Sorry. Do you still have the problem with current current current git?  No
sandbox with extra patches?

Best regards,
  Seb

Footnotes:

[1] "No native fontification" is still my current standard, among others
    because of the fontification minibug -- not yet applied by Dan --, and
    because I need more visibility of code blocks inside the prose -- see my
    patch, not yet accepted, and hopefully other coming patches to add new
    faces to the Babel lines).

--
Sébastien Vauban