Re: [Orgmode] Export LaTeX file to different directory?

From: suvayu ali
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Export LaTeX file to different directory?
Date: Mon, 13 Dec 2010 12:07:56 +0100

On Mon, Dec 13, 2010 at 11:47 AM, Joost Kremers
<address@hidden> wrote:
> There is apparently a property EXPORT_FILE_NAME, but setting
> this doesn't seem to have any effect. (Though I may be using it wrong, there
> wasn't any description or example of it in the manual... Plus, I'd like to be
> able to specify just the export directory, not necessarily the file name as
> well.)

I think you have to set it as a property for the sub-tree you are
trying to export. So whenever you export only that sub-tree, the file
name will be taken from that property. For setting the directory you
could try something like 'directory/filename.pdf' instead of just the
usual file name. (untested) I am not aware of any directory only
settings for export of sub-trees. But then I am not org-mode power
user. :-)

If it is not already there, I would also like to have a feature like
that. In my case I want to export to some remote directory over ssh to
some directory on my 'webserver:~/public_html' directory. I would like
to set this on a per file basis. Don't know whether that is possible
or not. Haven't had the time to explore in detail. When I was using
emacs-muse, I used this feature extensively (I used to choose this
interactively, so changing remote directories was pretty convenient
with tab completion support from tramp)

Hope that helps.

--
Suvayu