Re: [Orgmode] Export LaTeX file to different directory?

From: Joost Kremers
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Export LaTeX file to different directory?
Date: Mon, 13 Dec 2010 16:43:29 +0100

On Mon, Dec 13, 2010 at 12:52:41PM +0100, suvayu ali wrote:
> I just tested this, it seems to work as expected.
>

> * Smearing                                                          :smear:
>   :PROPERTIES:
>   :EXPORT_FILE_NAME: tmp/smearing.html
>   :END:
>
> ** Some sub-tree 1
>
> ** Some sub-tree 2
>

> Does this not work for you?

it works if i export a subtree (C-c C-e 1 l), but not if i export a region (set
mark, highlight region, then C-c C-e l). also, it doesn't expand a tilde ~ to my
home directory, so writing

:EXPORT_FILE_NAME: ~/tmp/temp.tex

doesn't do what one would expect. (note that i can't write the full path because
i switch between linux and OS X, which expand ~ differently: linux to
/home/<name>,
OS X to /Users/<name>.)

also, i'd like to be able to specify an export directory for the entire org
file, not just a subtree.

--
Joost Kremers
Life has its moments