Re: [Orgmode] Re: [Babel] How to pass variables to SQL blocks?

From: Eric Schulte
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Re: [Babel] How to pass variables to SQL blocks?
Date: Mon, 13 Dec 2010 12:53:32 -0700

Sébastien Vauban <address@hidden> writes:

> (I thought this feature would be implemented using "real" SQL vars, hence my @
> prefix. But viewing the code shows the replacement is made outside of the SQL
> snippet's knowledge.)

I agree that using real SQL variables would be preferable.  If you want
to submit a patch to this effect I would be happy to review it and apply.

> Tested. Works as expected... Thanks a lot!
>

> Maybe the following should be put on some TODO list, even if not urgent?
>
>>> * No warning if block does not exist
>>>
>>> Please note that inexistent references are ignored, without further notice.
>>> That's the case for such a block (where I forgot the number suffix):
>>>
>>> #+srcname: contains-inexistent-ref
>>> #+begin_src sql :noweb yes
>>> <<add-column-in-table>>
>>> #+end_src

The lack of notice (or error) was originally intentional.  The logic
being that there may be languages in which <<something>> constructs are
part of the language syntax, and in those languages Org-mode should
ignore such constructs unless the "something" contained in the <<>>'s is
actually the name of a code block.

It may make sense to revisit this design decision.

Best -- Eric