[Orgmode] Re: Fontification of blocks

From: Sébastien Vauban
Subject: [Orgmode] Re: Fontification of blocks
Date: Mon, 13 Dec 2010 21:46:21 +0100

Hi Eric,

"Eric Schulte" wrote:
> Sébastien Vauban <address@hidden> writes:
>> In order to make the blocks stand out more clearly in the mix of prose,
>> code and table results of many Babel Org files, I've added 2 new faces:
>>
>> - org-block-begin-line
>> - org-block-end-line
>>
>> These apply to the line just before and after the block's body:
>>
>> #+srcname: top-10-dossiers-with-many-prestations
>> #+begin_src sql                                     <<< org-block-begin-line
>> SELECT TOP 10 prsPfiID_fk, COUNT(*) AS '# Prestations'
>> FROM prestations
>> GROUP BY prsPfiID_fk
>> ORDER BY COUNT(*) DESC
>> #+end_src                                             <<< org-block-end-line
>>
>> Not only for =src=, but also for =verse=, =quote=, etc.
>
> This looks like a very nice addition.  Could you refactor your patch so
> that this behavior is controlled by a user configurable defcustom
> variable?

For sure, I'm willing whatever is needed to make it more acceptable. But I'm
not sure about the purpose of that variable...

You want something such as =org-have-extra-faces=, and in case of:

- =t=, use them
- =nil=, use the old face =org-meta-line=.

Is is that? I find that to be uselessly complexifying the fontification code.
What was in my mind was have 2 new deffaces (not provided in the patch), with
the same default value (or even an inherit property, that's much better) as
=org-meta-line=.

Wouldn't that be better?  In the case of the inheritage, if not customized in
the color theme, the user would not see any change (I guess)...

FYI, my intention is to add different faces as well for header arguments and
their values...

Best regards,
  Seb

--