[Orgmode] Re: My Gnus does not work with newest org

From: Rafael
Subject: [Orgmode] Re: My Gnus does not work with newest org
Date: Fri, 17 Dec 2010 08:35:59 -0600

Richard Riley <address@hidden> writes:

> Rafael Villarroel <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> Hello all,
>>
>> I have defined the following:
>>
>>   (setq gnus-home-directory "~/Dropbox/gnus")
>>   (setq gnus-directory "~/Dropbox/gnus/News")
>>   (setq message-directory "~/Dropbox/gnus/Mail")
>>
>> and so my init Gnus file is at ~/Dropbox/gnus/.gnus. When loading
>> org-mode just pulled from git, after M-x gnus I get the message that the
>> nntp server cannot be loaded, then after C-h v org-init-file, I get
>> that
>
> You mean gnus-init-file? Try customising it appropriately. Gnus kind of does
> its own thing ....

Thanks for your answer, Richard. Yes, I meant gnus-init-file :). I also
tried (setq gnus-init-fine "~/Dropbox/gnus/.gnus"). But then Gnus starts
downloading the list of newsgroups in the server, presumably because it
cannot find the other files where the suscribed groups are indicated.

I guess I could set some other variables and make it work somehow, but I
would always live in fear that there is still some other variable that
has to be tweaked and my setup would end up in a mess.. Besides, as I
mentioned, org 7.3 works just fine, but I would like to try the latest
and greatest features mentioned in this list.