Re: [Orgmode] Re: should the mail list be splitted resp. sub-tagged ?

From: Eric S Fraga
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Re: should the mail list be splitted resp. sub-tagged ?
Date: Fri, 17 Dec 2010 21:16:08 +0000

William Gardella <address@hidden> writes:

[...]

> For this "info overload" reason, I find it easier to follow this list as
> a GMANE newsgroup ( nntp://news.gmane.org/gmane.emacs.orgmode/ ) rather
> than as a mailing list.  Makes it easier to tune it out when I'm
> awaiting urgent things in my email.
>
> And if you're a Gnus user (Gnuser?) it's more or less the same
> difference, interface- and ease-wise :)

Mind you, if you're a Gnus user, mail splitting makes it trivial to have
org-mode messages sent off to a different mail group... and, in fact,
just as trivial to split off all the [babel] messages!

In this vein, I could suggest that some extra tags might be used:

- agenda :: agenda views
- export :: export related (or even [latex], [html], ...)
- gtd    :: getting things done

suitably shortened maybe?  I'm not bothered in any case as all my org
emails go into their own group and sit there until I am on the train...
or until weekends when I might have some time to catch up (like
tonight).
--
: Eric S Fraga (GnuPG: 0xC89193D8FFFCF67D) in Emacs 23.2.1
: using Org-mode version 7.4 (release_7.4.25.geb0d)