[Orgmode] Re: Request for suggestions: multiple revision control systems

From: Robert Goldman
Subject: [Orgmode] Re: Request for suggestions: multiple revision control systems/repositories + org
Date: Mon, 20 Dec 2010 08:46:53 -0600

On 12/20/10 Dec 20 -1:03 AM, Rémi Vanicat wrote:
> "Robert P. Goldman" <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> That is what I had done originally, but I thought mobile org required that
>> all the org files be in the same directory. Was I wrong about that?
>>

> I've org files in several directories, and in `org-agenda-files’, and
> with a relatively recent org-mode files org-mobile just work. It is
> `org-mobile-push’ and `org-mobile-pull’ that put a copy of all this in
> `org-mobile-directory’.

Thanks.  I did what I should have before and read org-mobile-push, and
it seems clear that the org-directory variable just /allows/ me to have
relative path names.  It doesn't /require/ me to have all the org files
located in that directory, as long as I use absolute file names.

This will make things much easier to deal with between org-mode and vc-mode.

Thanks, everyone.

best,