[Orgmode] org-mac-protocol usage example

From: Urs Rau (UK)
Subject: [Orgmode] org-mac-protocol usage example
Date: Tue, 21 Dec 2010 22:02:27 +0000

Sorry, if this is soo obvious to all you regular emacs and org-mode users. But
I am a newbie when it comes to emacs and especially org-mode, I just don't see
the tree for the forrest.

I have installed the org-mac-protocol as per it's webpage at

https://github.com/claviclaws/org-mac-protocol/blob/master/org-mac-protocol.org

I am running on Snow Leopard 10.6.5 under "GNU Emacs 23.2.1
(x86_64-apple-darwin, NS apple-appkit-1038.29) of 2010-05-09 on black.local"
and in the Install instructions o that page,  I made it all the way down to

> and add org-mac-protocol to External packages
>
> Start emacsserver
>  (server-start)
>
> Create *Remember* templates

And here is where I get "stuck", the sample;e templates don't make sense to me,
and besides I already have working ones in my .emacs anyway, one for todos and
one for notes.

How do these templates relate to either org-capture or org-remember? And what
are the default selectors? Is it "t" for todo and "n" for notes?

I have the following org-capture templates already working for me

> (setq org-capture-templates
>      '(("t" "Agenda Todo" entry
>        (file+datetree "~/org/tasksnotes.org" )
>        "\n\n** TODO %?\n%T\n\n%i\n%a\n\n\n"
>        :empty-lines 1)
>
>       ("n" "Agenda Notes" entry
>        (file+datetree "~/org/tasksnotes.org" )
>        "\n\n** %?\n%T\n%i\n%a\n\n\n"
>        :empty-lines 1)))

How or where do I now save or put the applescript? and how or where from do I
call it up? What are the steps I have to do, leading up to a new todo or note
being saved to the named buffers.

I have the *.scpt files in the ~/Library/Scripts/ folder (which I had to create
btw)

A very simple one or two sample in a step by step format would help e greatly.
maybe one for iCal for creating a todo from an iCal event and one for a note
for an apple mail item?

step 1 open ical
step 2 highlight or mark event
step 3 ????
step 4 ???
step 5 switch to emacs and find new todo in .....

Thanks for any help or pointers,

Regards,

--
Urs Rau