Re: [Orgmode] Re: Need help with org and SSH

From: Nick Dokos
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Re: Need help with org and SSH
Date: Wed, 22 Dec 2010 17:18:09 -0500

Jeff Horn <address@hidden> wrote:

> I enabled debug-on-quit and tried looking at the backtrace while the
> agenda was hanging. Somewhere along the way, many lines before the
> error occurs, "~/org" is *correctly* translated as
> "/Users/jeffreyhorn/Dropbox/org". The error is occurring immediately
> after org "prepares buffers" (the org files). The last few lines of
> the backtrace are:
>
> org-agenda(nil)
> call-interactively(org-agenda nil nil)

Actually, the top few lines are probably more informative.

> I'll try moving the agenda file to my home directory and see what happens.
>
> (interlude)
>
> OK. I created a very simple two line org file with a single todo and
> placed it in my home directory. Starting a new emacs session and
> visiting the file is enough to trigger the error. Visiting a buffer of
> another type (text for instance) *also* produces this error.

Well, that's good - lets org off the hook and probably indicts your
setup (both .emacs and maybe the structure of your home directory itself).
Can you post the backtrace for this?

Also try evaluating the following (fix the path of course):

    (file-truename "/path/to/suspect/file")

C-x C-e with the cursor right after the closing paren should do it.
Post this backtrace as well, assuming you get one.

Nick