Re: [Orgmode] Re: Need help with org and SSH

From: Jeff Horn
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Re: Need help with org and SSH
Date: Thu, 23 Dec 2010 02:23:44 -0500

On Wed, Dec 22, 2010 at 5:18 PM, Nick Dokos <address@hidden> wrote:
> Well, that's good - lets org off the hook and probably indicts your
> setup (both .emacs and maybe the structure of your home directory itself).
> Can you post the backtrace for this?

Couldn't figure out how to copy the backtrace out of the shell. This
laptop is goofy. Anyway, in the process, I forgot that sometimes you
only see the last few lines of a backtrace. =M-<= revealed that I was
looking at a 7000 line backtrace from one call to the agenda buffer
after starting emacs. The same hooks were running over, and over, and
over...

Two of the culprits looked something like this:
(add-hook 'text-mode-hook 'turn-on-orgstruct)

Removing those fixed the recursion error but introduced a new one.
Something foobar'd my text-mode-hook (I suspect Aquamacs). After
turning off functions that don't exist in terminal emacs on my system,
I'm convinced that I need to figure out a way to keep two init files
on my system without having to *maintain* two init files.

> Also try evaluating the following (fix the path of course):
>
>    (file-truename "/path/to/suspect/file")

No backtrace on this one. Thanks to everyone for the help! I'll have
fun re-configuring emacs when I get back from the holiday.

Still wondering why orgstruct is causing recursion issues... I seem to
remember it causing issues in the past, but I'm not sure what fixed
it...

--
Jeffrey Horn
Graduate Lecturer and PhD Student in Economics

(704) 271-4797
address@hidden
address@hidden

http://www.failuretorefrain.com/jeff/