[Orgmode] noob question about word wrap

From: Filippo A. Salustri
Subject: [Orgmode] noob question about word wrap
Date: Sat, 25 Dec 2010 00:30:35 -0500

Hi,
I'm new to org-mode (though I've been a causal emacs user for more than 10 yrs).
I'm running org 7.4 on the current Aquamacs, and I prefer larger than normal windows (120 col x 36 rows).
The problem is that org seems to do hard auto-fill linebreaks regardless of window size.
I have honestly looked everywhere I can think of for a solution.
The only thing I've figured out is that if org buffers seem to be set to org-indent-mode, truncate-lines, auto-fill-mode, and visual-line-mode.
I seem to get the effect I desire if there's only visual-line-mode and org-indent-mode.
I can set these via the menu, but I want this to be the global org way.
So the question is:

How can I turn off truncate-lines and auto-fill-mode globally for all org files?

Cheers.
Fil Salustri

--
Filippo A. Salustri, Ph.D., P.Eng.