Re: [Orgmode] %20 in file://... URL

From: Vincent Belaïche
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] %20 in file://... URL
Date: Thu, 30 Dec 2010 06:29:17 +0100

[...]

>> hoping that the above helps.
>
>Definitely.
>
>Last not least: On this mailing list you should normally Cc: answers
>to the original poster -- some are not subscribed to the list at all,
>some (like me) read the list in a different account than their main
>mail account and miss answers etc.
>
>Best and thanks,
>  -- David

By the way, I realized that emacs embeds a "URL" package that already
has some URL parse function url-generic-parse-url.

Wouldn't it be better if Org would just rely on this function and/or
extend it, or at least if org would offer the same API as url and try to
align on the same conventions for non standard URL's, so that org could
be a replacement to the URL package.

I noticed that the URL package does not seem to make any %XX decoding,
for instance on my machine:

(url-generic-parse-url "file:c%3A/toto.html")

evaluates to

[cl-struct-url "file" nil nil nil 21 "c%3A/toto.html" nil nil nil]

I also noticed that the info:FILE#NODE does not seem to be supported by
Org, but it is by URL.

Actually it would be even more useful to have also info:FILE#NODE::NNN
with NNN being the line number within the info NODE, but url does not
support the ::NNN extension which seems to be defined only in Org.

VBR,
   Vincent.