Re: [Orgmode] Bug report: filing into a date tree in year 2011 when 2010

From: Carsten Dominik
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Bug report: filing into a date tree in year 2011 when 2010 exists in file
Date: Sat, 1 Jan 2011 08:13:47 +0100

Hi Charles,

On Dec 31, 2010, at 10:59 PM, Charles Cave wrote:

Happy New Year!

This morning I filed a note into my taskdiary file which is
a date tree file. The top level headlines are:

* Configuration
* Calendar
* 2010

When I filed a new note (date is 1st January 2011) I expected a new
top level heading of * 2011 to be created but it wasn't.
Instead, the note was  filed inside the 2010 hierarchy.

Strange, for me this worked without any problems this morning.

- Carsten

I created the * 2011 heading after the 2010 tree but the problem
still occurred,  so I moved the 2011 heading before the 2010 and the
capturing now works. This is a  reasonable workaround, but I did
expect a new top level heading to be created.

Date trees should be capable of storing multiple years.

Charles