[Orgmode] Re: Understanding habits - graph coloring of single missed day

From: Bernt Hansen
Subject: [Orgmode] Re: Understanding habits - graph coloring of single missed day
Date: Mon, 03 Jan 2011 17:05:26 -0500

Tommy Kelly <address@hidden> writes:

> Assuming I have the correct repeater syntax for a daily habit, what
> should the colored graph look like if I do the task consistently for a
> few days, then miss a day, then pick up the task again? What I expected
> to see was:
>

> - a set of GREEN cells (with asterisks)
> - a RED cell (no asterisk) for the missed day
> - more GREEN cells (again with asterisks).
>
> But what I actually see is
>
> - a set of GREEN cells (with *)
> - a YELLOW cell (no *) for the missed day
> - a RED cell (with *) for the day after the missed day
> - more GREEN cells (with *)
>
>  Is that the way it's supposed to be? It doesn't seem right somehow.

I think that's right.  The *'s mark the days you did the habit.  As I
understand it the meaning of the colors is as follows:

   BLUE: Done early (before the next repeat interval)
   GREEN: Done on time
   YELLOW: Will be late on the following day if not done on this date
   RED: overdue

So a daily repeating task will always have today in yellow (since it'll
be late (red) if you don't do it today.)  For a daily task any days
without a * are missed.

For habits that that can go a day or two (or longer) without requiring a
repeat the colors probably make more sense.

Regards,
Bernt