Re: [Orgmode] :cache documentation patch

From: Thomas S. Dye
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] :cache documentation patch
Date: Wed, 5 Jan 2011 21:45:10 -1000

Hi Eric,

Thanks for the detailed instructions.  I'll follow this path next time.

All the best,
Tom

On Jan 5, 2011, at 6:47 PM, Eric Schulte wrote:

Hi Tom,

Yes, the commit is important, this method actually shares all of your
commit, including the author information and the commit message.

I do this outside of magit, I tend to go to the magit buffer to make
sure everything looks ok, then do M-! and type in the command line
manually.  I'm not sure what the magit way of doing this would be, but
the "D" method you described doesn't generate the same type of output
file as does git format-patch.

Thanks -- Eric

"Thomas S. Dye" <address@hidden> writes:

Hi Eric,

Will do.  The earlier patch was made with magit.  I used the d
command, Diff working tree, then saved the output to the file I sent.

If I understand correctly, the missing step was the commit.  I should
be able to follow a commit with the D command in magit, starting at
HEAD~1 and ending with HEAD.  Then save the resulting buffer to
foo.patch, right?

Or, is it better to do this outside magit so the results don't pass
through an emacs buffer on their way to disk?

All the best,
Tom