[Orgmode] Re: Introducing gnugol - an org-mode-output web search client

From: Allen S. Rout
Subject: [Orgmode] Re: Introducing gnugol - an org-mode-output web search client
Date: Thu, 06 Jan 2011 12:06:01 -0500

Dave Taht <address@hidden> writes:

> So over the holiday I wrote a command line web search client with an
> emacs interface and called it "gnugol". It uses the google json and bing
> json APIs to search the web, and outputs the results in plain text, in
> whatever format you're working in, notably, org, so you can navigate the
> results in the mind-set you're in.

[...]

On unrelated surfing (reddit), I ran into this:

http://surfraw.alioth.debian.org/

Do you think it's possible that your two powers combined, would make you
INVINCIBLE?

I don't know how much they dink with the return stream; it may be "not
at all", which would be inauspicious for a combination.  But if they're
doing any sort of output capture/filter, then adding an org-mode flavor
to the list might be really straightforward.

- Allen S. Rout