Re: [Orgmode] Re: Produce a pdf outline using the latex outline package

From: Carsten Dominik
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Re: Produce a pdf outline using the latex outline package of the notes in org file
Date: Fri, 7 Jan 2011 07:40:18 +0100

On Jan 7, 2011, at 3:22 AM, Bernt Hansen wrote:

Hi Julius,

Julius Gamanyi <address@hidden> writes:

While adding the changes to the current development code, I ran into an obstacle: I couldn't find org-install.el even with the find command; but
org-install.el is part of the stable release.
Is org-install.el only added before a stable release or I'm I missing
something else?

You can create lisp/org-install.el with

make lisp/org-install.el

Another question: must all the contributions be stored in the contrib
directory?

I think only contributions from people who haven't signed the FSF papers need to be limited to the contrib directory but Bastien or Carsten would
have a more official comment on that.

The contrib directory contains both stuff where no FSF papers
have been signed, and also things where it has not yet been determined
if they are generally useful and if they will be used by a significant
number of people.  Normally such new contributions are added to
contrib/lisp, and then moved to lisp/ once it has been decided to do so.
So I would recommend that your initial patch puts it into contrib/lisp,
with corresponding changes to the org-modules variable in lisp/org.el
and in contrib/README.  And, if you like, documentation on Worg.

This is how I used to handle this - the decision about
org-latex-outline.el will of course be made by Bastien.

One thing: all files in lisp/ must have names which are
unique within the first 8 characters, due to Emacs rules
which require unique names for, I believe, MS-DOS.
org-latex-outline.el would not fulfill this requirement.
Maybe org-ltxol.el or so?  Or maybe even better the code
can eventually simply be integrated into org-latex.el?

- Carsten