Re: [Orgmode] Simple wiki system like VIMWiki

From: 노정태
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Simple wiki system like VIMWiki
Date: Sat, 8 Jan 2011 00:32:17 +0900

I'm interested.

- Jeongtae

2011/1/7 Marcelo de Moraes Serpa <address@hidden>
Hi list,

I've started using vim lately for my programming needs and I love it,
mostly because the motion and shortcuts are much more efficient. That
aside, I still think emacs is a great platform and text-editor and I
still use it for other stuff, mainly organizing myself (thanks to
orgmode).

Most of the todo/GTD stuff is well handled by org, but I do find that
for reference and brainstorming, a real-time (and straightforward)
wiki is the best solution. I have been managing to keep things simple
by keeping all my reference org files under a (/wiki) folder and
setting peepopen (an OSX cocoa fuzzy-finder
(http://peepcode.com/products/peepopen)) to index specifically this
folder and bound this to Command-w, and it works great for getting a
quick index of the wiki and quickly open a file from it.

However, linking and creating new files is far from optimal. Org-mode
still tries to keep things at the headline-level, instead of at file
level. This works, but for me,  not so well. Why? The simple fact that
org asks me if I want to create a target in the current file or in a
another file already gets me out of the zone. I prefer some convetion
over configuration.

It'd be nice if org had, for example, a more org-like wiki (like
wikinodes) and a more traditional one (like VIMwiki). Not sure if
there's another mode I could combo with org that would give the
functionality I want, I'm open to suggestions :)

Marcelo.