Re: [Orgmode] [babel] How to fontify blocks other than begin_src?

From: Eric Schulte
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] [babel] How to fontify blocks other than begin_src?
Date: Fri, 07 Jan 2011 11:46:33 -0700

Hi Seth,

The easiest way to fontify embedded html is most likely to wrap the html
in "#+begin_src html" code blocks.

As for defining your own clojure blocks that sounds like a risky
proposition to me.  All of the code block evaluation functions are built
to use standard org-mode syntax for code blocks, e.g. "#+begin_src lang".

That said you can easily use clj as an alias for clojure in your code
blocks, use the following elisp code to add this alias to
org-src-lang-modes

#+begin_src emacs-lisp
  (add-to-list 'org-src-lang-modes '("clj" . clojure))
#+end_src

Once that is done you will notice clj blocks like the one below are
fontified.  Also, after pulling the latest version of Org-mode (I just
made a small change to make this possible), it is also possible to
evaluate "#+begin_src clj" blocks as though they were regular "clojure"
blocks.

#+begin_src clj
  (map (partial + 1) (range 20))
#+end_src