[Orgmode] Re: Images from R in LaTeX and PDF

From: Dan Davison
Subject: [Orgmode] Re: Images from R in LaTeX and PDF
Date: Sat, 8 Jan 2011 12:28:17 +0000

Ben Ward <address@hidden> writes:

> #+begin_src R :exports both
>   full <- read.csv(file="~/Documents/BSc Biology/Third Year/BY6001-40 -
> Dissertation/Data and Analysis/Evolution Results.csv", head=T)
>   library("lattice")
>   ecoli = subset(full, Bacterium=="E.coli")
>   edett = subset(ecoli, Cleaner=="Dettol")
>   egarl = subset(ecoli, Cleaner=="Garlic")
> MIC.mod = lm(MIC. ~ 1+Challenge*Cleaner*Replicate, data=ecoli)
> #+end_src

Hi Ben,

Use the :width and :height header args to alter the dimensions of the
graphics. The arguments go straight through to the R device, so if you
are plotting to pdf they will be interpreted as inches (whereas they
will be pixels for png, jpeg etc).

With current Org, you will also need :results graphics in order to tell
R to send graphics to the designated file.

In addition, with lattice graphics, unless you are using :session, I
believe you will need :results output (so :results output graphics).

Do get back to us with any problems. There are several people who
routinely use R to include graphics in Org documents.

Dan

p.s. Request to everyone: can we try as much as possible to use
reproducible examples on-list?  I.e. toy examples that anyone can
execute, instead of real examples that rely on datasets that not
everyone has access to.