[Orgmode] Re: Property inheritance in Org-collector

From: d . tchin
Subject: [Orgmode] Re: Property inheritance in Org-collector
Date: Sat, 8 Jan 2011 12:41:29 +0000 (UTC)

Christian Moe <mail <at> christianmoe.com> writes:

> Hi,
>
> I'm trying to use an Org document as the database for a textbook
> analysis and Org-collector.el to output reports.
>
> With org-use-property-inheritance set to `t', and working in sparse
> trees, I fail to get inherited properties to show up in the dynamic
> block: the value returned is 0. Is this the expected behavior, and is
> there any way to change things so I can get inherited properties?

I am interested by this too. I tried to have inherited properties and
had the same problem whereas I fixed org-use-property-inheritance
to 't.

I test that inheritance work with the following test :

* Inheritance
#+BEGIN: propview  :cols (ITEM test) :scope tree
:conds ((string= test "appear"))
| "ITEM"        | "test"   |
|---------------+----------|
| "First level" | "appear" |
|---------------+----------|
|               |          |
#+END:

#+BEGIN: propview :cols (ITEM CATEGORY) :scope tree
:conds ((string= CATEGORY "level"))
| "ITEM"               | "CATEGORY" |
|----------------------+------------|
| "First level"        | "level"    |
| "Test inheritance 1" | "level"    |
| "Test inheritance 2" | "level"    |
|----------------------+------------|
|                      |            |
#+END:

** First level
  :PROPERTIES:
  :test:     appear
  :CATEGORY:  level
  :COLUMNS:  %34ITEM %plats %ingredient
  :END:
*** Test inheritance 1
    (org-entry-get (point) "test" t)
**** Test inheritance 2
     (org-entry-get (point) "test" t)
** Second level
*** Test inheritance 3
    (org-entry-get (point) "test" t)

I expect to have the same behavior for CATEGORY and test properties.
If you evaluate lisp expression you will notice that inheritance seems
to works.