Re: [Orgmode] Looking for help linking to an org document on mac os x

From: Jeff Horn
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Looking for help linking to an org document on mac os x
Date: Wed, 12 Jan 2011 10:49:28 -0500

On Wed, Jan 12, 2011 at 10:05 AM, Anthony Lander
<address@hidden> wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>
> I'd like to be able to link to an org document from other applications, and
> especially to a particular line or search term in a document. The idea is
> that I could, for example, put a link into an iCal entry, and when I click
> it, emacs would show the file and move the point to the correct location.
>
> Basically, I'm trying to make something like a URL, but for org, that the OS
> would dispatch correctly. Something like
> org://path/to/some/file:*search-term.
>
> I've poked around quite a bit, but I can't figure out an easy way to do
> this. Does anyone have a suggestion?

Hi, Anthony. Try this:

1) Right click on an org file in Finder.
2) Select "Get Info"
3) Change the default "Open with" application to Aquamacs (or Cocoa
Emacs, whatever you use)
4) Click the "Change All" button. Confirm.
5) When you want to add a link, use the following syntax.

    file://localhost/path/to/some/file.org

HTH,
Jeff

--