Re: [Orgmode] Looking for help linking to an org document on mac os x

From: Jeff Horn
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Looking for help linking to an org document on mac os x
Date: Wed, 12 Jan 2011 13:53:22 -0500

On Wed, Jan 12, 2011 at 12:07 PM, Anthony Lander
<address@hidden> wrote:
> Thanks Jeff. That works really well! Any suggestions on how to incorporate a
> bit of logic (probably in emacs) to do an org headline search? I'm guessing
> it means making a new file type, and then doing some processing on the
> passed in url.

I'm not sure I understand what you mean. You mean having a CGI-like
url, with some search escape in it, that takes you directly to a
headline when you click on a file url?

C-s is so quick, it's how I navigate really large files. I think there
are built-in org functions for jumping around headlines (see
speedkeys), and I also make heavy use of org-cycle (the tab key) to
navigate outlines. This makes the extra work you mention seem like
over-engineering, but maybe I've misunderstood what you meant.

Maybe someone else will have something more constructive to say?

Best wishes,
Jeff

--
Jeffrey Horn