Re: [Orgmode] Default directory in org-agenda-mode

From: Niels Giesen
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Default directory in org-agenda-mode
Date: Wed, 12 Jan 2011 20:41:38 +0100

Hi Nick,

Nick Dokos <address@hidden> writes:

[...]

> AFAIK, there is no variable default-directory-alist - at least, my
> emacs does not know anything about it.

Ah, yes, I see it's provided by dired-x, which does ship with emacs, but
is not loaded by default.

Its documentation says

#+begin_example
Alist of major modes and their opinion on `default-directory'.
This is given as a Lisp expression to evaluate.  A resulting value of
nil is ignored in favor of `default-directory'.
#+end_example

Looking some more into the code, it looks like it is not meant to be a
generic replacement for `default-directory', although its name would
suggest that (to me at least).

[...]

>    (eval-after-load "org-agenda"
>      (quote
>        (progn
>           (add-hook 'org-agenda-mode-hook (function (lambda () (setq
> default-directory org-directory)))))))

That is a great solution, thanks!

[...]

--