[Orgmode] Re: Question on org-beamer markup

From: Sébastien Vauban
Subject: [Orgmode] Re: Question on org-beamer markup
Date: Wed, 12 Jan 2011 21:24:36 +0100

Hi Erik,

Erik Iverson wrote:
> According to http://orgmode.org/worg/org-tutorials/org-beamer/tutorial.html
>
> the following markup should work when exporting to PDF from an org-beamer
> document.
>
> - the first, very @important@, point!
> - the previous point shows the use of the special markup which
>   translates to the Beamer specific /alert/ command for highlighting
>   text.
>
> However, upon export the resulting .tex file does not actually contain this
> translation from @important@ to the alert command, but rather sill has
> @important@ in the output.
>
> Am I missing some part of the setup process?

You must update *manually* the var =org-export-latex-emphasis-alist=:

#+begin_src emacs-lisp
  ;; alist of LaTeX expressions to convert emphasis fontifiers
  (setq org-export-latex-emphasis-alist
        '(("*" "\\textbf{%s}" nil)
          ("/" "\\emph{%s}" nil)
          ("_" "\\underline{%s}" nil)
          ("+" "\\st{%s}" nil)
          ("=" "\\url{%s}" nil)
          ;; `url' breaks lines in long strings (was `verb')
          ("@" "\\alert{%s}" nil)))
#+end_src

This is an annoyance, yes... However, I don't have (yet?) a clever idea about
how to do this in a portable way, ie it should not cause problem when used in
non-beamer documents...

Best regards,
  Seb

--