[Orgmode] [OT] Have you also got hooked by Vim?

From: Marcelo de Moraes Serpa
Subject: [Orgmode] [OT] Have you also got hooked by Vim?
Date: Thu, 13 Jan 2011 00:09:52 -0600

Hey list,

I started using emacs 5 years ago, and eventually jumped back from it
to Eclipse (at that time I was doing Flash and PHP), and started to
dig into *nix, and emacs called my attention.

The initial inertia was huge, as anyone who has gone through the emacs
learning curve might now. However, I quickly fell in love with it,
beacause of its "simplicity" compared to to Eclipse.

Now here I am, I still use emacs, but now only for writting and PIM
stuff. I prefer emacs for keeping a diary or a reference file and to
do GTD. As Carnsten once put it, emacs is an awesome development
platform, and one that is very portable.

However, I've got hooked. Vim (in my case, MacVim) has conquered my
hands. I know I'm risking myself a lot by saying it on an
emacs-related mailing list, but the Vim navigation and the vim model
in general is much more efficient for editing text.

(Btw, that's what led me into Viper and Vimpulse on emacs, I'm
currently using them with org)

So, how many of you here also use Vim? :)

Regards,

Marcelo.