[Orgmode] Re: EmacsForMacOSX - copy & paste in orgmode

From: Robert Goldman
Subject: [Orgmode] Re: EmacsForMacOSX - copy & paste in orgmode
Date: Thu, 13 Jan 2011 07:31:53 -0600

On 8/18/10 Aug 18 -5:01 AM, Erwin Panen wrote:
> Hi Juan,
>
> I hope you don't mind me mailing you directly. I copied orgmode list in cc.
>
> Do you have a way to copy / paste between say Firefox and Emacs / orgmode?
>
> It doesn't seem to work, and I've found some posts googling, but no
> apparent solution. It seems Acquamacs will do it, so I'd assume it's a
> matter of configuring .emacs?

I find the easiest way to do this in emacs is NOT to make the command
key into meta.  That way I still have the Cmd-C, Cmd-X and Cmd-V keys
that work the same inside and outside Aquamacs.

If I do this, I can simply use Cmd-C in, e.g., firefox, then go to
aquamacs and do Cmd-V, just like any other pair of mac applications.

I find having clear access to BOTH the emacs and mac cut buffers much
less confusing than trying to make them stick together.  (I don't like
smooshing the X and emacs cut buffers together on linux, either).

This is very much a minority opinion, but you could try it, and see if
it works for you.

If you want to try it, you can use the Aquamacs menu

Options > Option, Command, Meta keys >  Option is meta

If you make heavy use of accents in your emacs, this is a losing choice,
though.  I don't, because any serious text I compose will be in latex,
anyway.

Cheers,