[Orgmode] Re: tags/search on specific files

From: Memnon Anon
Subject: [Orgmode] Re: tags/search on specific files
Date: Sat, 15 Jan 2011 19:00:09 +0000 (UTC)

knubee <address@hidden> writes:

> i tried to find the information by searching the web for different variations
> of
> "org-mode", "search tags", and "current file".

May I ask: Why not info?
When searching, I find myself (still) sometimes asking google first, but
each time I draw the conclusion, that asking emacs is actually faster.

I just tried to find the `<' command in the info file using
`i limit' and `i restrict' in "This manual is for Org version
7.01trans." and got

     Info-index: No `limit' in index
     Info-index: No `restrict' in index

Could these be added to the index for

,----[ (org) Agenda files ]
| `C-c C-x <'
|      Permanently restrict the agenda to the current subtree.  When with
|      a prefix argument, or with the cursor before the first headline in
|      a file, the agenda scope is set to the entire file.  This
|      restriction remains in effect until removed with `C-c C-x >', or
|      by typing either `<' or `>' in the agenda dispatcher.  If there is
|      a window displaying an agenda view, the new restriction takes
|      effect immediately.
|
| `C-c C-x >'
|      Remove the permanent restriction created by `C-c C-x <'.
`----

and

,----[ (org) Agenda dispatcher ]
| `<'
|      Restrict an agenda command to the current buffer(1).  After
|      pressing `<', you still need to press the character selecting the
|      command.
|
| `< <'
|      If there is an active region, restrict the following agenda
|      command to the region.  Otherwise, restrict it to the current
|      subtree(2).  After pressing `< <', you still need to press the
|      character selecting the command.
`----

?

Memnon