Re: [Orgmode] Blogging from org-mode

From: Tom Breton (Tehom)
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Blogging from org-mode
Date: Sun, 16 Jan 2011 21:25:52 -0500

> On 2011-01-16, Tom Breton (Tehom) <address@hidden> wrote:
>> Please tell me if I've missed any other org-based blogging software
>> (other
>> than the blog hosting software which is a different category).
>
> Right, there are hosted blogs (like Blogger) and self-hosted blogs
> (where you run the software).
>
> Here is the latest version of my Blogger command.

Interesting.

> I would be delighted if there were some other protocol that
> it could use.

Feel free to play with org2blog/atom, and there's a "mob" user on the repo
if you feel like contributing.

> Could your API work to send the result to Blogger?  If so,
> how?  Do you have to sign up with Google in some special way
> or does it work just through the web?

Yes, and you don't have to do anything special on Google.  It uses the
Atom API thru g-client (elisp software by T V Raman), which is what drags
in the curl and xsltproc dependencies.  Those are not special Google
software, but they are non-elisp, non-emacs programs.

My philosophy is to make a package do one thing well.  But it leads to
dependencies.

Please let me know if you have any trouble obtaining the g-client version
that supports this.

> mail2blogger is a very intriguing option here and I'd like to do
> that.  Avoids the web entirely.  See comments.

I tried out mailing to blogger before writing org2blog/atom, but I was
frustrated by the things the mail interface couldn't do.

> Mark pages (About, Contribute, etc.) with the tag, :page:.  This
> will remove the top headline.  The reason is that Blogger pages
> always include the title as the name of the page and it looks
> silly to have two titles.

Right, it does and it does.  I'd be interested in a neat solution for
double-titling.  Right now I just let org2blog/atom export both.

        Tom Breton (Tehom)