Re: [Orgmode] How to write special LaTeX symbols

From: Nick Dokos
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] How to write special LaTeX symbols
Date: Sun, 16 Jan 2011 22:55:26 -0500

Xin Shi <address@hidden> wrote:

> Hello all,
>
> Thanks for your response!
>
> I can go with the UTF-8 method. The only problem for me now is I don't know
> how to input the =F6 from Emacs.
>
> I've tried the C-x 8 RET, but don't know the name or hex. Any suggestions?

I've no idea what the hex codes are: what I did was change my input
method to german-prefix[fn:1] and typed ``Schr"odinger'': the input
method changes the concatenation of the double quote and the o to the
internal representation of o-umlaut. The buffer is utf-8, so the utf-8
representation of ``o umlaut'' is saved. At least, I think that's the
way it works.

Nick

Footnotes:
[fn:1] With C-x RET C-\ german-prefix RET